Written words or spoken ones can mend a broken soul. Words do have power and using them to convey comfort and sympathy can surely ease the heaviness of any human heart.
Loss of loved ones is one of the most painful events that all individuals should face. If you are sending a condolence wreath funeral flower, card or delivering a message to a friend who just lost a special person in his or her life, here are some suggested kind words by flower delivery expert you can say to them.
For those who lost their parents…
BY AN ACCIDENT
“My friend, my heart weeps for your loss. The lovely parents you had were also once the second parents I consider. I am very saddened by this incident. In times like this, please have an open mind to accept the painful reality that life sometimes throw us into painful situations and the aches demand to be felt – in a blink of an eye, they were already gone, yet, we will miss them forever. I hope you will not drown yourself to tears, for we are still with you. Please do accept my heartfelt condolences and be assured that I will be praying for their souls. Be strong, my friend, for life is still beautiful, believe me, it is still worth living for.”
BY A FATAL ILLNESS
“In times of great sorrow, please know that I am here. Your parent’s lives were well spent enough and so, what is left for us to do is to be grateful that they once spent those special moments with us. Your mother/father gave life a good fight and for sure, if he/she is still capable enough to fight more, he/she will never back down. Your parent needs this rest for he/she has already been exhausted. Keep the faith that wherever he/she is now, he/she is no longer in pain. Please accept my deepest condolences for this loss. My prayers will always be with you.
You may also consider adding the following:
- Sympathy from my family to yours for the passing of your mother/father. He/she is such a great loss.
- We will always keep them in our hearts. God bless his/her soul.
- He/She was an inspiration to all of us. We will forever miss him/her.
- I am with you in these grieving moments.
- He/she was a wonderful person. Losing him/her brings our hearts with so much sadness. May he/she rest in peace.
- The news saddened our hearts. Please know that we are thinking of you and your family in this time of sorrow.
For those who experienced miscarriage.
For couples who are expecting their first born child, miscarriage does not only kill the unborn baby, but also the hopes and dreams of the parents-to-be. If you know someone whose hearts are melting because of such situation, consider these kind words to say to them.
“Your little angel may not have lived that long for you to hug and kiss him/her every day, but the love you shared with him/her even when he/she is still inside the womb was felt and treasured. My friend, I am very saddened for this loss. Please know that you are always included in my prayers as well as your little angel. May the little one watches over you from heaven and recognizes you as his/her loving parents.”
For those who lost their husbands/wives.
Losing a spouse means the end of the world for one. However, as a friend, you need to do your part to at least speak or write the words that your friend needs to hear and read for him/her to realize that there is still a better life waiting after mourning.
“The love you once shared will never fade even if he/she is gone. He/she was taken for a reason and that reason sometimes goes beyond all our senses could understand. The least you can do is to accept that he/she is already in the loving hands of the Creator. Even in these times of grieving, please do not forget that you still have us, your family, your friends and your loving kids who will never leave you alone. Please be strong for yourself and for the little ones who are also getting their strength from you. Your partner may have hurt you now for leaving you in despair, but he/she never intends and won’t be happy seeing you suffer. Please leave each day as if he/she is still with you, because even in heaven, he/she watches over you. The love bonded with God will never fade even when heaven and earth will.”
You may also consider adding the following:
- I hope you find strength from those who still love you.
- In this difficult period, please know that we are just here.
- Do not forget that this will pass and with time and the right company, we can sail through these rough waves in our lives.
- Knowing your husband/wife is an honor. He/she is a wonderful person. Please accept my sincere condolences.
- You had a wonderful marriage and I share with you the grief of losing such a wonderful person in your life.
- He/she will truly be missed.
- He/she may have left us, yet he/she will forever be in our hearts.
- In these difficult times, please know that many people love you, and who pray for your courage and peace of heart and soul.
Whether someone losts a wife, a husband, a mother, a brother, a sister, a best friend, a grandmother or father, a child, a cousin or even the closest colleague or superior, these are the people who need the right words for them to get the needed strength to help them recover such a great loss.
Always be sensitive whatever you say and do towards them since they are in their most fragile self.
If you cannot find some time to visit the wake and say personally your warm condolences, you can always send a letter, just to convey the message that you are with them in difficult times. Your presence and or words will mean so much for any grieving hearts.