Most budding gardeners think that potted plants are one of the easiest ways to grow plants and beautify a room. But there are some things that should be taken into consideration to ensure that the plants in questions look beautiful and do not die out quickly. There are many flower delivery Singapore boasts of that carry potted plants for delivery.
- Firstly always choose a pot with one or two holes at the bottom. The florist Singapore will always give a pot with holes so that the water can be drained and the roots do not drown. If looking for lightweight but less porous materials, go for fiberglass, resin or plastic. Whichever Flower shop Singapore you visit, it will carry these pots as they make a great gift for delivery.
- Go for a potting mix. Soil from the backyard doesn’t cut it, especially if the plants in question are cacti or succulents.
- Choose the right plants. Look at the condition and the environment where the plant will be living. Roses need at least six hours of sunshine daily, they will not grow inside the house. Ask for advice from florist in Singapore or consult an online florist.
- If the containers are large, position them empty in the place where you ultimately want them to be. Before putting the soil in, make sure you check its moisture content. It’s also good practice to water the plants in their nursery container at least an hour before the minimized transplant shock. Florist have the necessary expertise to guide a novice in most cases such as buying the pot to transferring the plant from the nursery container, so ask around.
- Water the plants until the water comes out from the bottom. If the flowers look wilted don’t water them as long as the top most part of the soil is moist.
- Plants in pots need more fertilizers, due to it being flushed out as you water them. Look for time released fertilizers or water soluble fertilizers.
- Practice deadheading which is cutting off or pinching dead or faded blooms to encourage new growth.
Potted plants require different approach in certain circumstance compared to nurseries in the backyard. One must be sure of the requirement of the plant in question and its ability to survive in the environment where the pot will be placed before buying the plant. After all it is not just the colour that needs to be taken into account when planning to get potted plants.