It is always recommended that the mother feed the baby with breast milk from the first day to two years. For mothers who prefer to nurse the baby, whether pure breast milk or mixed, will need several nursing items. If you are thinking of the best gift to give on the baby showers, a Hamper of these items is perfect. You may give Baby Gifts for the baby and include one or two of these gifts for nursing moms:
- Nursing pillow – Because not all pillows are ideal for nursing purposes, choosing the right design with the right technology for nursing is essential. Since you want to give this item as part of your baby first month gift to a friend or co-worker, you should choose the one that has the right shape, size, height, and weight ideal for the purpose. It should be comfortable for the baby as well as for the mom.
- Nursing bra – A comfortable bra for a nursing mom is a must-have. The mother’s body is expected to change after giving birth, especially the breast because of the lactation. Some moms produce more milk, thus need a supportive bra. You may add one or two to your personalized baby gifts that you want to give on the baby shower party, or you may want to give it separately along with a newborn hamper of baby gift items.
- Nursing pads – Most of the time, milk stains the clothes and make it wet when it is time for the baby to feed. It is a good idea that nursing pads are now available in the market, and they are great as gift to give to moms on baby showers. Aside from the baby shower gift that you choose and purchased for the baby, a set of washable nursing pads can be given to the mommy as well. There are thin pads enough to keep clothes dry and out of stain for a while and thicker pads for heavy leaking.
- Nursing pajamas – Babies tend to wake up late at night or at dawn to feed. A nice pair of nursing pajamas is a great gift on the shower party or welcoming party for the baby. Nursing pajamas are specifically designed for a quick snap anytime the baby asks for milk.
- Vitamins for nursing moms – It will be helpful for mommies to take vitamins and minerals that are also safe for baby when breastfeeding and nursing. They will not only provide the needed nutrients her body needs during lactation, but will also keep production of milk continuous.
The right Baby Hamper that you give on this type of gathering will make the occasion even more memorable for the parents and for everyone.