Easter Lily care tips
Did you just receive an Easter lily and are not sure how to take care of them? Maybe you are planning to buy one as a gift for someone special. Whether you order from an online florist or a local flower delivery, they are more or less the same and should be cared for in the same way. If you are the type of person who thinks that she or he cannot keep a bloom alive for longer than it should, then these tips can help change that.
You might just find your love for flowers and your green thumb once you take a chance on those Easter lilies. These tips are shire to help your flowers blossom and live for as long as possible. They are relatively easy steps to follow, and anyone, even those who have no experience in gardening at all, can do it. First off, you need to know what Easter Lilies are.
- Easter Lily
- The perfect bloom for any Easter holiday. These flowers can grow up to three feet tall and are usually found during April and June. They are natives of the southern islands of Japan and are popular for their beauty as they are white colored trumpet-shaped flowers. They are also known for their wonderful fragrance and can also be found in the border of California and Oregon.
- Easter lilies are believed to be linked to Christianity. This is because it is seen as a symbol of Christ’s resurrection. You can also find the mention of them in the bible and such tradition is carried in most Christian churches by adorning the altars and crosses with white lilies.
- Easter Lilies are also linked to motherhood or paganism. This is why these blooms are perfect to place in a hand bouquet for your mother or wife, who is a mother, to show how much you appreciate them. They are believed to have sprung from mother’s milk from the goddess Hera. Hera is also known as the goddess of marriage and women.
- These powerful blooms have a language of their own. If you are well versed with the language of flowers, you would be aware that flowers often have an expression or symbolize and represent something. As for Lilies, they present purity and grace.
Caring for your Easter Lilies
The first thing you should keep in mind is that this takes a lot of hard work and dedication so do not get frustrated when it seems that you do not have the green thumb. Every florist started somewhere, and so should you. Whether you are planning to become a florist, got an Easter lily that you want to take care of, and or just want to try something new, you should definitely keep these simple tips in mind, and you would be taking care of your Easter Lilies in no time.
- If you got your Easter lilies delivered or given to you in a neat package, then the first thing you need to do is unwrap it. If you keep it in their packaging for longer, they can speed up the rotting process of the roots.
- Next thing you should do is to remove the blooms anthers. You can find the anthers at the center of the bloom. They are the tall stems and removing them can not only prevent pollen from staining the flowers, but it has also been proven to help prolong the flowers life span.
- Like any other flower, do not place your Easter lilies under direct sunlight. The best way to make sure they get enough is to place them in a bright spot that the sun can touch for a short time every day.
- Avoid placing your plant near anything that radiates heat like vents, appliances, and technologies. This could speed up the wilting process of your plants because of the heat and chemicals these appliances release into the room.
- Only water your Easter lilies when the soil is dry when you touch it. It is never a good idea to over-water your plants and this goes the same with your Easter lilies.
- Lastly, you should definitely remove any flowers that seem to be fading as this could affect the other flowers. The flowers would wilt or die faster if you do not remove them immediately. This way, you can promote growth and vibrancy to your Easter Lilies.
By following these easy tips, you are sure to have blooming Easter lilies in no time. You can plant them to create a flower bouquet or even a unique flower arrangement for someone you love or to decorate your home with. Either way, you should always remember to have patience when taking care of flowers and plants in general. It always takes time and hard work for the flowers to bloom and grow. After surviving spring, you can opt to take your plants outside and plant them. This would help you enjoy them all through the summer days.
Easter lilies are beautiful blooms that are easy to take care of and should not be such a hassle with wonderful end results. Just make sure to enjoy and have fun in taking care of these precious blooms. This would make the experience and outcome more worth it and memorable. Share these tips to someone you know who has Easter lilies, or tuck them away inside your head to be used sometime later in life.