If you are planning to surprise your girlfriend, wife or mother with flowers, you should know to do’s and what not to do. Buying a hand bouquet has become the most convenient type of gift buying in the world today. It is simple and elegant and can be found almost anywhere. You can even buy flowers now from an online florist who also has the same day flower delivery service.
Buying flowers is easy but you can also easily make a mistake if you are not careful enough. There are many things you should consider when you want to buy flowers for her and not just what her favorite is. Of course, it is not something to overthink about or search the ends of the internet for as the things you should consider are very simple.
How do you pick the right flowers? You should know and consider the following:
- Language of Flowers – This is the most important thing you should know and consider. This is because the flower that you give to her could possibly create a misunderstanding because of its meaning or what it represents. There are many kinds of flowers that mean something bad even though they may look beautiful and are in bright colors. You can know more about the language of flowers through the internet. For example, a rose is the most common flower that represents love and passion. This flower, you will later find out, is not the only flower that represents love and devotion. Knowing the language of flowers can also help you get a unique flower for her that is not as common as roses.
- Know her likes and dislikes – This is as important as knowing what the flower you are buying represents. Knowing what she likes, if she has a preference, is also good when buying flowers or a flower bouquet for her. You could choose the flower based on what her favorite color is. Flowers have a diversity of colors to choose from and you could even make a hand bouquet with hand-picked flowers of all the shades of her favorite color which will make the bouquet stand out and be nicer on the eyes. You can also avoid making her upset by not picking the color or flower she does not like. If she is the type to love roses, then buy her roses. If she is the type who just likes flowers, then play with the flower arrangement a little and make a customized bouquet just for her. This makes the gift more special as you placed effort into customizing it yourself.
- Scent of the flower – While all flowers seem to smell good, not everyone has the nose for certain smells. Knowing what she is comfortable smelling or what she likes to smell will definitely give you an idea on what flower to buy. Some flowers have a scent that is stronger than others and some flowers have little to no smell at all. For example, Lavender. A flower with a sweet smell that is often used in perfumes, soaps and shampoos. If she likes smelling that then you should definitely put some lavender in that hand bouquet. If your girl is sensitive to smells and only like smelling certain types, you should smell flowers before you buy them to know if she would be okay with it or would it cause her to have the sniffles all of a sudden. Take your time with this and make sure to get the low scented flowers if she has a very sensitive nose. But if she likes the smell of flowers, do not mix and match the bouquets with too different flowers because the smells would mix, and the outcome may or may not be pretty. If you do plan to experiment, make sure to smell it yourself and see how you react to it.
- Season – Know what flowers bloom in what season. Knowing this before buying your hand bouquet would let you know beforehand which flowers are available and would help you plan out what bouquet or flower arrangement you would like to have. Some flowers do not bloom in certain seasons and some you may find in any season. Flowers are very picky when it comes to seasons so make sure you are choosing or planning to buy a flower that is growing during that season to save money. There are flowers that may be grown and sold even if it is not their season, but they usually come with a higher price and if you are someone who is in a budget, this may not be a good surprise for you when you see the bill. Make sure to know which flowers are blooming to save money.
- Know the lifespan – Flowers have different lifespans. Some last longer than others and some wilt fast especially if they are not used to the season, they are in. OF course, there are ways to keep them fresh longer but not as long as a flower that actually blooms in that specific of the current season. Knowing this helps you choose flowers that can be kept longer, if you want it to be something sentimental or memorable or something, she can keep for the longest amount of time possible for a flower. Know how long the flower has before you buy it, it not only makes any receiver happy, but it also makes your money worth it.