Choosing the best flower centerpiece for your home can be quite a daunting task. Especially for those who are not sure which flowers go wonderfully with each other. You can find many types of flower centerpieces in stores and online but being able to do it yourself is the most creative and fun way to go about it. This does not only give you creative freedom to do as you want and base it on a theme or mood you are feeling, but it is also more fun and cost less than buying an already made one from a store.
This is also very helpful to know especially if you are planning a party or an occasion in the comfort of your own home. You could also base the decorations on seasons or holidays or even just normal dinners with friends and family. A centerpiece will surely add a touch of warmth and freshness in any gathering or party or even just keep natural beauty inside your modernized homes.
Here are some tips to help you get creative and master the art of decorating with a do it yourself flower centerpiece, which cost less and fun to do:
- Materials – Of course, if you want to do it yourself you need to have the right tools and materials in order to cut and create the perfect flower arrangement and keep them fresh for as long as possible. You can order these online or buy them at your local flower shops. The materials you would need would be:
- Flower Clippers
- Vases or containers of different sizes
- A variety of greenery like leaves and grasses
- Different types of flowers that may be available to you or the ones you personally want to work on. You can order these online and have them delivered to you personally with the same day flower delivery services some florists offer. This would guarantee fresh flowers you could immediately work on.
- Choose the perfect vase – Of course, choosing one that is too tall would not look good as a centerpiece on the dining table, but it would look better as a centerpiece in a fireplace. You have to look and imagine which kinds of vases would look good on top of a certain object. Choosing the right vessel for your flowers is a crucial part as it would be the one that would be holding your overall design.
- The Base – This is the first step in doing it yourself, as the base would be the frame of your overall design. This is where you would use the greeneries. A variation of it, but not more than three different types, would be best when arranging flowers. Do not use long ones, or ones that seem to spill over too much when decorating for a table where you do most of your activities as it would cause too much distraction.
- Avoid using flower foam – This is a tip that not most florists and even online florist would share but aside from the fact that this harms the environment, it is also not good for your flowers or their life span. It is best to arrange that would hold all on its own without the need for a foam where the flowers stems would be suffocated.
- Add textured flowers – These types of flowers are usually the ones that add color and life in your arrangement. They are the “middle ground” as most Singapore florist would like to say. These types of flowers are also usually used in a hand bouquet. You can have fun with this and experiment with different sizes or cuts of your textured flowers and by placing them anywhere or everywhere until you find the right place for them.
- Blooming flowers – This is the main attraction of your centerpiece. The Blooms. Or the flowers that are most likely to pop in color and in shape. These types of flowers are usually the easiest to come by and creating a flower arrangement with them would be fun as you can experiment and place them all around or just the top middle of your centerpiece.
- Mix and get creative – This is the best part of doing it yourself. You can edit it anytime and change the arrangement if you want to and find one that would best suit your needs and would make you happy. Because you have the creative freedom to do so, this would be a fun time to experiment with what you have to create a unique and amazing flower centerpiece for your home.
- Keep them fresh – Keep the flowers and plants of your centerpiece fresh by changing their waters every day or just spraying them with water throughout the whole day to keep them from getting dry and or wilted. This helps keep them fresh and live longer so you can enjoy them with your family and friends a little longer.
Creating or DIY’s are fun activities you can have with you and your family. This is a wonderful way to bond and create designs and unique flower arrangements that you can decorate your house with, and this does not cost as much as buying a flower centerpiece every other week. So, get creative with your family or friends and make your own flower arrangements where you can experiment and have fun choosing between variants of flowers.