Choosing the perfect wedding hand bouquet is a crucial part of any wedding and this responsibility falls solely on the bride. This bouquet would represent a lot of things and symbolize many others. These are a traditional custom that is found in any wedding of different cultures. There are many types of flower arrangement for a wedding bouquet that a bride can choose from. There a lot of things to consider when choosing a bridal bouquet, especially for those who are nitpicky. A bride can base her choice on the theme of the wedding, the colors, the symbolization or even just the style of the bouquet. Either way, it would look good on any wedding held by any type of beautiful bride.
Here are 12 gorgeous types of wedding flower bouquets that brides could choose from that differ in size, color, style and symbolism:
- Nosegay – the most common and traditional type of hand bouquet that a bride chooses for her wedding. These bouquets are round and have an elegant and classic look as the flowers are wrapped or packed tightly in fabric wrap and or wire.
- Crescent – usually hard to carry as this type of flower arrangement is shaped in a soft arch. Like the moon, with more flowers in the center and extend softly out of each side. This creates a whimsical setting that is perfect for brides who want something special and unique or just something different.
- Contemporary – the easiest and the most creative type of hand bouquet as there are not many rules when arranging it. Flowers and greenery would stick out in different angles, creating a unique and complex flower arrangement that is perfect for versatile and strange or unconventional weddings.
- Biedermeier – these are round bouquets wherein the flower arrangement consists of flowers in concentric circles around each other. This produces a striped effect making it a good choice for those who are an eye for detail and want to look at something that is designed neatly.
- Posy – a classic and simple choice for any bride, especially those who are petite. These types of hand bouquet are arranged in a round fashion and are usually tied with a ribbon. It is easy to hold and composed mostly of flowers with little to no greenery.
- Cascade – a waterfall of flowers, these are perfect for elegant weddings or for a sophisticated look. The leaves are usually used to drop down on the front of the hand to create the falling effect. This makes a wedding look high-end and elegant.
- Composite – This is a unique type of hand bouquet. The type of flower arrangement it has is innovative. The style is to create one big flower with a series of smaller ones. The perfect bouquet for a luxurious and refined wedding that has soft color palettes. This type of hand bouquet can be hard to find as not many wedding florists know how to make it.
- Round – the most well-known type of hand bouquet which is known to be a bigger version of the posy. This bouquet is composed mostly of blooms that take up a large space and make it look like a ball with one or two types of flower that usually have the same color scheme. Perfect for traditional weddings or modern ones.
- Hand- Tied – a casual type of flower arrangement that is tied with a ribbon. This is the type of hand bouquet that can easily be done, even by doing it yourself. Just arrange bits of flowers in different sizes around a focal flower and secure it with floral tape.
- Single stemmed – a simple and humble type of flower arrangement as it consists only of a single flower. This gives off a sweet and simple look for any bride. This is also budget friendly.
- Presentation – also known as pageant bouquets, this is used traditionally used in pageant competitions but have been used as wedding hand bouquets over time. This type of flower arrangement gives a detailed and regal look and can easily be carried by the bride.
- Pomander – usually used by flower girls, this type of flower arrangement is composed of around or ball-shaped bouquet suspended from ribbon or twine and worn by the wrist. It would be fun and unique to add to your wedding and would make for a playful and fun themed occasion.
There are many different types to choose from when finding the right-hand bouquet. A wedding bouquet is a special item for any wedding and would serve as the special symbol a bride would take through her years of marriage. The wedding bouquet is a special and integral part of any wedding plan. It has also become a traditional symbol across the globe.
Choose the right type of hand bouquet for your wedding that would go along with your theme or would represent who you are or what type of bride you will be. A hand bouquet may be simple or grand, but it all boils down to one thing, the bride. If the wedding is the bouquet, the bride is the focal flower that every eye would set on. And just like any hand bouquet, it is special and unique in its own way. Full of vibrant and beautiful for all those to see.